The main purpose here for me was to learn how to sing lead vocals and find “my” own voice!
I started this project a few years ago and it has evolved substantially with the help of my friends. What started as learning a few songs to sing turned into multiple albums of cover songs, tributes and collaborations with many inspirational artists. I have recorded well over 30 songs which I’ll be sharing as EP’s & albums over the next few months.
As a songwriter, lead guitarist and founding member of TESLA, I have always admired and had a passion for singing! The songs that I contribute to Tesla, including “What you Give”, “Gettin’ Better” and “Love Song”, have always had an acoustic, country or bluesy vibe to them. I love to sing and my father-in-law Dickey Betts encouraged me to step up to the microphone with guitar in hand. He sang many hits in the Allman Bros Band and ‘Blue Sky’ is one of my all time favorites.”
I recorded the majority of the songs while on tour with TESLA in dressing rooms, hotels, buses and even bathrooms using a handheld recorder, then bringing home the digital files to mix and embellish in my studio. I also went to friends’ houses with this recorder to capture performances as well as collaborated and traded files over the internet.
Besides me singing lead vocals and playing guitar, the songs on Volume 1 of “From One Place… to Another” features special guest appearances by Paul Jackson (Blackberry Smoke), Duane Betts (son of Dickey Betts of the Allman Brothers Band), Matthew and Gunnar Nelson (sons of Ricky Nelson), Roger Fisher (original Heart guitarist) and many others.
Each song and mini-album are VERY different from one another, as are my musical tastes…. and they have challenged my voice to go “From One Place…. to Another”. Needless to say, that album title has MANY meanings for me!
OK I hope you enjoy!
Upcoming Solo Tour Dates
Feb 17 – Cleveland, OH (Hardrock)
Feb 18 – Detroit, MI
From One Place… to Another Vol. 1 Track Listing
1. “Blue Sky” feat. Duane Betts (Dickey Betts / Allman Brothers Band)
2. “Call Me The Breeze” feat. Paul Jackson of Blackberry Smoke (JJ Cale, made famous by Lynyrd Skynyrd)
3. “Under The Milky Way” feat. Duane Betts (The Church)
4. “Jim Dandy To the Rescue” feat. Tommy Curiale & Alyson Kimball of Johnny Winters Band
(Lincoln Chase, made famous by Laverne Baker & Black Oak Arkansas)
5. “You’re My Best Friend” (John Deacon made famous by QUEEN)
6. “Garden Party” feat. Matthew & Gunnar Nelson (Rick Nelson)
7. “SunRise in Texas” (Blackberry Smoke, Michael Tolcher)
8. “I Hear Ya Knockin” (Dave Bartholomew)
9. “Joy To The World” feat. Ron Keel (Hoyt Axton)
10. “Four Letter Word” (Lukas Nelson)